Last Updated on May 24, 2020.
The information that we collect:
- Personal Information. Generally, you can visit the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Information (when we use the term “Personal Information,” we mean information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person, such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, mobile phone number, age, gender, date of birth, as well as additional sensitive information such as your social security number, financial information, financial account information, and other similar types of information. For example, you may provide us with Personal Information when you fill out forms or fields on the Site; when you register for an MRL account; and when you contact us or request information about us, this Site and our products or services (whether by email or other means).
- Automatically Collected Information. When you visit the Site, we may automatically receive and record certain information from your computer, web browser and/or mobile device, including your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, hardware and software settings and configurations, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after visiting the Site, the pages you view on the Site, your actions on the Site, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Site.
How we use the information we collect:
- We use non-identifying information about your use of the Site to understand and analyze the usages trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Site, and to improve fraud detection and information security.
- We may use your e-mail address or other Personal Information (a) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, and/or to send you promotional materials. Generally, you can opt-out of receiving promotional communications, through links provided in the messages, by updating your account preferences through the Services, or by contacting us directly at info@mariereynoldslondon. . Although your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
When we disclose information:
- We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect MRL from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; to protect the security or integrity of the Site; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; or to comply with state and federal laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant.
- We make certain information available to third parties to comply with various reporting obligations, and for business or marketing purposes. When possible, we provide this information in a de-identified way.
- We work with third party service providers to provide website development, hosting, data storage, maintenance, and other services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these third party service providers to complete their contractual obligations to us, these third parties may have access to or process your information.
- In the event MRL were to be engaged in or contemplating a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, MRL may transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users.
Your Options. You may, of course, decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Site. If you do not wish to receive email offers or newsletters from us, you can opt-out of receiving email information from us (except for emails related to the completion of your registration, correction of user data, change of password, and other similar communications essential to your transactions through the Site) by using the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the email. Although your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy. Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not allow children under 13 years of age to use the Site, we do not knowingly collect or maintain information from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of the Site are directed to persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Site at any time or in any manner. If we learn that information has been collected through the Site from persons under 13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained a MRL account or provided us with information, please alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we delete the information from our systems.
Our Commitment to Data Security. We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to protect the integrity and security of your information; however, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through the Site, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. We cannot control the actions of other users or other third parties with whom you may choose to share your information and therefore we cannot and do not guarantee that information you post through the Site will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. Even after removal, copies of information that you have posted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored such information.
We retain information as long as it is reasonably necessary and relevant for our operations, and/or to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, or enforce our Terms or other agreements.
Limitation of Liability. By accessing this Site and/or providing us with Personal Information and other data, you expressly and unconditionally release and hold us harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of such information. In addition, while we take efforts to ensure the proper and appropriate use of data by our service providers that may receive your information from us, we are not responsible for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your information caused by those service providers.
Do Not Track Disclosures. Third parties such as advertising networks, analytics providers, and widget providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you access or use our Services. Currently, various browsers offer a “Do Not Track” option, but there is no standard for how DNT should work on commercial websites. Due to lack of such standards, the Site does not respond to Do Not Track consumer browser settings.
- Use of Personal Information in relation to data subjects in Canada and Australia. Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation requires that commercial electronic messages (“CEMs”) sent within Canada or into Canada from another jurisdiction may only be sent to individuals who opt into receiving them, subject to certain exceptions. Similar legislation applies in Australia (Spam Act 2003 (Cth)). Such consent may be implicit, such as by engaging in a prior business relationship, or by virtue of having one’s email address listed in a public directory. These anti-spam laws also require senders to include an opt-out function such as an “unsubscribe” mechanism within a CEM. You may opt-out of the collection or use of your information by MRL. In some cases, withdrawing your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of some or all of your personal information will prevent us from providing services to you. To opt-out, please contact MRL using the details set out below or use the opt-out facility provided in the CEM. Please note that in some cases MRL is permitted to send you certain CEMs after you opt out, such as where required to enforce legal rights.
- California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, you have the right to request certain information from us regarding the manner in which we share with third-parties certain categories of information that identifies you for the third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. MRL does not share Personal Information with third parties for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes. Effective January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides you with certain rights that are in addition to the rights set out above: (i) the right to request, up to twice in a twelve month period, your Personal Information in a format that is portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily usable format that will allow you to transmit it to another entity; (ii) the right to request that MRL delete your Personal Information, except in circumstances where MRL is legally entitled to retain Personal Information regardless of any such request; and (iii) the right to opt out of any sale of your Personal Information to any third parties, without experiencing any discrimination, as defined under the law, as a result of your exercise of this right. Note that MRL does not sell information to third parties. If you wish to exercise any of the rights enumerated in this section, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Additional Privacy Notice Information Required for Australian Residents. We will deal with your Personal Information (which has the same meaning as “Personal Information” under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), namely any information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained), in accordance with Australian privacy requirements including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and Australian Privacy Principles, the Spam Act 2003 (Cth), the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth) and any applicable state/territory privacy laws or industry codes. Information that is not “about” an individual is not considered “Personal Data” under Australian law. If you contact us to access your Personal Information, to seek to correct it, or to make a complaint about privacy, MRL will respond as soon as we reasonably can, and in any event within any timescales stipulated by applicable law. MRL does not impose any charge for a request, but may charge you a reasonable fee for our costs associated with providing you access and retrieval costs. For complaints about privacy, MRL will establish in consultation with you a reasonable process including time frames, for seeking to resolve your complaint.
Marie Reynolds London Limited
Bluebell Barn, Reepham Road,