- This product is protected and cannot be purchased.
Brain-Feed 5HTP 60 capsules
£16.99 Inc VAT
ideal for people who live a stressful lifestyle, work long hours, party long hours, and struggle sleeping.
- lower than normal mood.
- anybody looking to increase their serotonin levels.
- seasonal affective disorder
- it may also benefit people conditions linked to low levels of serotonin.
5-htp is a natural isolated nutrient extracted from the griffonia seed and it is the building block to your feel good chemical messenger serotonin (5-ht).
Serotonin plays a vital role in our biochemistry because it regulates mood, anxiety, appetite & sleep.
5-htp crosses the blood-brain barrier and goes through a decarboxylase process to become serotonin (5-ht).Absorption of 5-htp is not influenced by other amino acids & therefore it can be taken with or without meals, without losing its efficacy.
5-htp has a much higher efficacy than tryptophan which is available in small amounts in foods such as red meats & seeds because tryptophan cannot cross the blood brain barrier without the help of transporter molecules.
The therapeutic administration of 5-HTP may be efficient in depression, fibromyalgia, suppressing appetite and insomnia
[1, 2, 3, 4, 5].
1. Keszthelyi D, Troost FJ, Masclee AM. Understanding the role of tryptophan and serotonin metabolism in gastrointestinal function. Neurogastroenterol. Motil. 2009; 21: 1239–1249.
2. Birdsall TC. 5-Hydroxytryptophan: A clinically-effective serotonin precursor. Altern. Med. Rev. 1998; 3: 271–280.
3. von Sano, T., L-5-Hydroxytryptophan-(L-5-HTP) Therapie*. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, 1972. 26(1): p. 7-17.
4. Jangid, P., et al., Comparative study of efficacy of l-5-hydroxytryptophan and fluoxetine in patients presenting with first depressive episode. Asian Journal of Psychiatry, 2013. 6(1): p. 29-34.
5. Cangiano et al Eating behavior and adherence to dietary prescriptions in obese adult subjects treated with 5-hydroxytryptophan. Amerrican Journal of Clincial
|Why use ours?||
We use a 102.5mg of standardised extract to provide the smallest, nutrient dense tablet with no unnecessary bulking agents to create the UK's most premium 5-htp brand.
Take 1-2 tablets per day.
Our 100 mg tablets represent 102.5mg of standardised Griffonia seed extract. they are high quality and nutrient dense. it is therefore not recommended to exceed the stated dose. exceeding the dose may lead to nausea, dizziness and headaches.
There no known interactions with 5-htp and alcohol or 5-htp with any other nutraceuticals or herbal medicines such as 5-htp b6, 5-htp + melatonin, 5-htp + l-tryptophan, 5-htp + tyrosine, 5-htp and St John’s Wort
Griffonia seed extract 102.5mg standardised to 98% to provide 100mg 5-htp