Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
Mild Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) saturates body fluids, tissues and cells with oxygen under pressure.
More oxygen = more energy, more energy = more healing.
The Hyperbaric Sports Recline offers 1.4 ATA (Atmospheric Absolute), this is equivalent to approximately 23 FSW (feet of sea water)
- Promotes healthy ageing by promoting fast repair of damaged skin cells, diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, having a HBOT therapy before any skin treatment enhances results.
- Help post surgery recovery, it is also ideal to prepare for any operation.
- Help to relieve pain and inflammation
- Aids cognitive function and brain health
- Recovery times for athletes is reduced, performance enhanced and endurance improved
Please note this therapy is done at the Norfolk Clinic
IMPORTANT NOTICE IF BOOKING
- Bookings and enquires are made via this link as you will need to complete safety screening documents prior therapy. If you have any underlying medical conditions we will need a Physician Statement from your GP.
- You must have a light meal two hours before your treatment
Before your session
You must adhere to the following upon each HBOT session:
- Notify us if you are currently experiencing any cold, flu, sinus infection, ear infection or Covid symptoms
- (Female) Notify us if you think you may be pregnant or trying to conceive
- Do not wear any synthetic clothing ( Cotton clothing only - it gets a little warm inside the chamber so cotton T-shirt or vest with cotton leggings or shorts and cotton socks are ideal)
- Do not use any cologne or fragrance
- Remove jewellery
- Do not wear any lip balm, lipsticks or oils on your skin, or any hair products (gels, hairsprays)
- Remove nail polish
- Make sure you have eaten prior your HBOT session
- If you are Diabetic, make sure your insulin medication has been taken
- No mobile phones or electronic devices will be allowed in the chamber
- No books or paper will be allowed in the chamber
- If you are anxious or have any concerns you will notify us
- If there is any change in your medical history you will notify us.
- Further Information
Water (H2O) makes up 80% of the body but oxygen is about 65% of our body mass. Every single cell in the human body is energy dependant to all systems. We are energetic beings and oxygen is critical for energy. Air is 21% oxygen, when we breathe, air flows down the trachea and into the branches of the lungs then into the alveoli sacs, 500 million of them. Each one has 70% of its surface wrapped with minute capillaries. Oxygen is then transferred from the lungs into the red blood cells in the capillaries and sticks to the haemoglobin receptors within them. Each red blood cell carries 1 billion oxygen molecules! However the plasma which is the fluid our blood cells bathe in, has very little oxygen uptake from breathing, so the waste oxygen the red blood cells cant uptake is breathed out.
With HBOT oxygen is placed within the red blood cells as normal but also oxygen saturates the plasma by pressure, allowing oxygen to move into smaller spaces to provide more cellular energy for healing, regeneration and repair. MORE OXYGEN means more energy. Think of it like an “oxygen supplement” whereby the chamber is used to provide a physiological increase in the amount of oxygen that passes into your body from your lungs every time you breathe!— EVERY TIME YOUR HEART BEATS!!!
Each Henshaw Hyperbaric Chamber has achieved a BV. CE. ISO13485 certification.
For the best results we recommend a series of HBOT therapies. This is dependant on the individual needs.
The following Courses are available
One off - this is great for a trial or as a 'bolt on' to any other therapy
Course of 5 HBOT - Great to prepare for an operation or post operative, great for a 'healthy ageing' course, preparation for sports events.
Course of 10 HBOT - ongoing therapy for wellbeing and health - at 10 sessions stem cells are increased in the body
Course of 20 HBOT - ongoing therapy for wellbeing and health
How it's done
- STEP 1
After a full consultation and explanation of the HBOT, you will be asked to complete three documents: O2 Safety Screening Hyperbaric Intake Form HBOT Statement Hold Harmless Statement.
- STEP 2
Before each session, to ensure your safety the following will be recorded: Blood pressure Blood oxygen levels Temperature Blood Sugar levels If any of the stats are not satisfactory, we reserve the right to cancel or reschedule your booking. A check list is also recorded.
- STEP 3
You will be instructed how to communicate while in the chamber and given your own sterile oxygen mask (this is given to you to keep and brought along at each session, if this is lost or misplaced a fee of £5 will be charged for a replacement)
- STEP 4
Once you are comfortable inside the chamber it will be sealed, it will take approximately 5-10 minutes to reach 1.4 ATA. During this time you may experience your ears popping as they may do during a flight. If this happens swallow or yawn to alleviate the pressure. You must communicate if you have any discomfort or have any concerns, so we can address. Ear popping usually subsides when 1.4 ATA has been reached.
- STEP 5
Once the desired pressure has been reached, the timer will begin. Place the mask on and relax. Meditate or catch up on some Zedz! You will be checked upon to make sure you are comfortable.
- STEP 6
Once the 60 minutes have been reached the pressure will be reduced so that you can exit the chamber, this takes 5-10 minutes.
Before the HBOT
You must notify the clinic if: You are currently experiencing any cold, flu, sinus infection, ear infection or Covid symptoms (Female) If you think you may be pregnant or trying to conceive. Do not wear any synthetic clothing ( Cotton clothing only - it gets a little warm inside the chamber so cotton T-shirt or vest with cotton leggings or shorts and cotton socks are ideal). Do not use any cologne or fragrance. Remove jewellery and do not wear any lip balm, lipsticks or oils on your skin. Remove nail polish. Make sure you have eaten prior your HBOT session. If you are Diabetic, make sure your insulin medication has been taken. No mobile phones or electronic devices will be allowed in the chamber. No books or paper will be allowed in the chamber. If you are anxious or have any concerns. If there is any change in your medical history.